Imago's mission is to foster a deeper harmony with Earth by providing educational experiences, creating opportunities for discussion and community building, and conserving natural areas.
Imago was founded over 30 years ago by Jim and Eileen Schenk two social workers - with the purpose of reconnecting people to the natural world. Through the years Imago has brought to the Cincinnati region innovative ideas on living sustainably.
Among our many accomplishments, Imago has:
- Presented 7 major conferences on Ecology and Spirituality, with over 2200 participants.
- Preserved 36 acres of urban forest, 16 acres of which are open to the general public at the Earth Center, an urban nature preserve and education facility.
- Presented environmental education programs to over 50,000 students from area schools.
- Enriched the lives of over 200 youth through our nature summer camps.
- Collaborated closely with public schools, social service agencies, community organizations, businesses, funders, and other environmental educators to provide an exciting array of programs and services to the Greater Cincinnati community
- Engendered 4 different nonprofit organizations serving communities and the environment in Greater Cincinnati (Western Wildlife Corridor, Price Hill Will, Price Hill Land Foundation, Enright Ridge Urban Eco-Village
- Twice been voted "Best Friend of the Environment" and once the best "Urban Greenspace" by the readers of Citybeat magazine.
- Demonstrated a model for community-wide environmental change that is educational, collaborative, and fun!